How To Fix Up Your Bathroom On A Small Budge
A bathroom remodel gives you really good return on your investment. Home buyers frequently consider the quality of the bathrooms when they make buying decisions. However, a total remodel can be quite expensive, especially nowadays as the economy continues to struggled.
Here are some ideas on how you can upgrade your bathroom without spending a huge sum of money.
- A new coat of paint can always freshen up any room. Paint can hide minor wall imperfections. For your bathroom, experiment with different painting techniques to give you the effect that you want. The good thing is that the wall space is small, so you can repaint the walls fairly quickly.
- Pick the best bathroom space heater for warming your space in a smart way. Holmes, Delonghi etc are very good brand to choose with.
- If your cabinets look old and tired, you can refinish them. Old hardware can be replaced to make the cabinets look interesting. You can go with something modern-looking or something classic.
- Replace an old toilet seat with a new one. If the base is still structurally sound, there is no need to replace it. A new seat is not expensive, and you can choose from many styles. It is the next best thing to replacing the entire toilet.
- You can add life to a boring mirror by adding a frame around it. You can custom make a frame by using molding that is cut at a 45 degree angle. Measure your mirror carefully. You can browse the selection of molding at your local home center to pick the one that suits your bathroom decor the best.
- You can use old drapery to make a nice, stylish shower curtain. All you need is a shower liner for the inside. The outer, decorative side can be anything that you wish. Using your old drapery is one way to extend the use of something that you have.
- The look of a bathroom can be enhanced by a nice bathroom rug. A plush rug adds a bit of luxury to the bathroom. You can also use decorative towels to finish the look. Lovely bathroom ensembles and towel sets are available at many discount merchants, so you do not have to spend a lot of money.
- Bathroom fixtures can be easily replaced, and can really change the way your bathroom looks and feels. Old and stained fixtures make the bathroom look run-down. Shiny, new fixtures can add beauty to the bathroom. Your bathroom light fixtures can also be replaced for a new look. If you still have the old fluorescent lights that emits harsh, white light, replace it with a softer light. Finish off the decor with scented candles and potpourri.
Many people cannot afford a complete bathroom renovation. However, as you can see, there are ways to upgrade your bathroom without breaking the bank. If the tub, sink, and toilet are structurally sound, there is really no need to replace them. Focus on the visual improvement of the area. Make your enhancements little by little, one step at a time. Finally, last but not least is the comfort of your bathroom.
A beautifully decorated bathroom means nothing if, like many, its drafty, cold, and uncomfortable. Many people with this challenge have turned to portable bathroom heating units to help alleviate the issue in a very cost conscious way. They have been modified over the years into units which can provide surprisingly good levels of portable heat utilizing very little electricity.